Tuesday 5 July 2011

Patches is LOST :(

Zen & Patches
(2008)

Amidst juggling my busy schedule ever since Megan came along.. I had long forgotten to update my blog here till today when the saddest thing happened: my Patches somehow wandered out of the house in the mid-morning / early afternoon of today and never did return :(

I came back at slightly over 7pm today to an unusually bark-less house. Something wasn't right. Then I realised Patches wasn't there to greet me when I unlocked the gate. I settled Megan onto her highchair immediately and went around the house looking for Patches. I called out her name.. No sight of her anywhere. Tried to lure her out from her hiding - which she always did whenever she does something wrong when I'm out for work; still no sight of her. I began to panic and told my husband about it. He too went around all corners of the house, scout under each table & chair, behind the fridge & freezer.. We couldn't find our Patches :(

Husband asked his mother about Patches.. She seems suspiciously calm. Said nobody came about to visit today, therefore she did not open the gate and the dogs didn't step outside. My heart grew heavy because when we were frantically calling out for Patches and searching all over the house for her, hub's mother showed no concern and never asked why. I do not know what to feel.

But I know Patches left home in the mid-morning / early afternoon because she did not soiled her pee tray before I left.. and I came home to a clean tray still. Lots of things going through my mind. I made hubby probe his mother further as she is the only one at home with the dogs today, and definitely someone came because I found a receipt from the gas company dated today, which means she ordered a tank of gas for the kitchen and they delivered it the same day. Hub's mother denied - she insist that the gas tank delivery guy came YESTERDAY, which didn't made sense to me cos I did not saw the receipt last night.

Few moments later, she told hubby that Patches actually ran out on her own once some time back but her maid managed to locate Patches few hours later. What made me more angry is that the maid actually told hub's mother not to tell me about it! How could they do this to me? This could have been prevented have i known earlier that my Patches actually escaped home once.

Patches had never liked strangers; humans and dogs included. I really doubt that she would leave home just like that, because she NEVER leave home without us telling her to and she would NEVER leave her best pal Zen behind. My heart is bleeding as I type this entry. I hope whoever that found her or took her would take good care of her.. Or else please have mercy and return her to me. I may not be the best caretaker for her, but she grew to be so much more affectionate towards those who loved her since she came to me.



Little Patches celebrating her 2nd birthday in 2008


when I just adopted her @ 1.5yrs old in 2007


I don't have recent photographs of her, I feel so sad about it. But recently I shaved her down as she was having some bad skin due to someone else at home fed her junks while I wasn't around.

Patches is microchipped, I have already lodged to Petcall about her went missing.

Last seen at Blk 109 Serangoon North Avenue 1. Drop me a mail (natalielam84 (at) hotmail dot com) if you know where she is now. She is dearly missed by both me & hubby, as well as Megan and Zen. Thank you.

3 comments:

Lorenza said...

I am so sad to know about Patches being lost!
My paws are crossed that someone has her and she will be returned to you!
Our thoughts are with you.
Take care
Lorenza

::: J V Bridal Gowns::: said...

Oh no! I'm so sad to hear this. Will definitely keep a lookout for u. I stay around the area too. Will pray that she'll b safe and return to u!

randy said...

Hi, glad you found your dog! Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. Please email me back.

Thanks!

Randy
randydavis387@gmail.com